Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Long eventful weekends

It's been a few days since my last post so I'm sorry for ignoring y'all. It's been a busy week. My oldest 2 children, Rylan and Lilly spent the first few weeks of June at their moms. This was the first week I've spent with them since being transferred to night shift. 

Amidst working nights and having 3 kids at home, Ingrid has continued to be a huge help. She is wonderful at allowing me to get some needed rest on my work nights, helping with meals and keeping the house clean. She is so wonderful and I can't tell her enough how much I love her and everything she does for me. 

I'll start with Saturday morning. I worked Friday night and luckily made it home before all the kids woke up.  About the time I'm climbing into bed, Ingrid was informed that her grandmother passed away at 93 yrs old after a long drawn out battle with her health. She was extremely shook up over the loss. I can't express enough sympathy for what she's having to go through. I wish i could take all of Ingrid's sadness and sorrow away from her so she would not have to hurt. 
After insuring she was emptionally stable to watch the kids I dozed off. I ended up sleeping until noonish before being woke up by Lilly. After only getting 4 hours of sleep, I struggled the remainder of the day but made it through. We didn't accomplish too much. I was trying to just spend some quality time with Rylan and Lilly. Our excitement came from making bubbles outside and then watching the neighbors set off fireworks. Saturday night we fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. 

Sunday morning rolled around and go figure, I'm up at the crack of dawn. For some reason, I always revert back to a day schedule. It never makes for a good first day, I mean night, back to work. Sunday morning was pretty laid back. We played with bubbles, watched some tv, built a train, colored and much much more. Sunday afternoon came by and there were a few open house for some new construction in our neighborhood so we decided to check a couple out. Both Ingrid and I really liked the few we did look at but were disappointed the the basements were not finished. After looking at a few houses, we chose to take all the kids swimming for the afternoon.  Boy was that relaxing. We went swimming at Ingrid's mom's community and just by coincidence, all the others swimming were leaving when we got there. How fun?  We had the whole pool to ourselves. 

We invited some friends to bring their kids swimming as well. It was just a great afternoon with friends. Don't the ladies just look lovely. 



After swimming, it was back to Nani's for some refreshments and some burgers off the grill. Finally as the sun was setting, we headed home. It had been a long exhausting day for Ingrid, I and all 3 kids. I was just happy that all 3 of the kids fell a sleep in the car and remained asleep for the remainder of the night. It was the first time in a week or so that Ingrid and I were able to have some time to ourselves.  

Monday started off with a bang.......  Off to swimming lessons. This was the kids second year in lessons. They did not fair too well last year so I was relieved that this year was off to a better start. After swimming lessons, we stopped by our realtors office to pick up some baseball tickets won in a drawing. Yay, something we can go to at a minor expense. Of course there is a firework stand next to his office so to appease the kids, I broke down and bought a few to set off for the kids. More exciting, we got a good lead on a nice house for sale from our realtor. We set up a viewing for later in the day. We just drooled in excitement until 5p when we could go look at the house. 

Meanwhile I took Rylan with me as I went to an apartment complex I own to finish cleaning out a unit and meet the new tenant. After about 30 minutes at the apartment, that turned very old for Rylan.  What was originally planned as a quick visit, turned into a four hour ordeal as I had to make a few repairs while at the apartment. Finally on the road back home. 

It was just about 5 when I got home so we rushed to get in the truck and head to view this house. Luckily it's only about 5 mins from our house now.  
This house we looked at was immaculate. Ingrid and I fell in love with it as soon as we stepped foot in the door. And it only got better from there. After discussions later that night, we've decided too move forward with purchasing. 

Tuesday morning was sort of a drag. I had a meeting at work which began at 8am. So much for sleeping in. Our meeting was very productive as well as informative but it did last until 1130. At that point I'm thinking that a chance of some sleep before work is pretty slim. On the travel home I received a phone call from my mortgage company regarding a home mortgage. I'd been approved and could move forward with purchasing the house. Yay we are so excited. 

I attempted to take a nap but between the excitement of being approve for a mortgage, the kids playing, not being tired and a lot on my mind, I didn't sleep but an hour. Ingrid had a neat craft project she'd wanted to do with the kids but was still lacking a few key parts. Because we were all up, off to Target for the last items needed for our project. White T-shirts. From Target, I headed straight to work, joy joy, and Ingrid took all the kids home. Just a little bit later she sent me a picture of the kids crafts along with a text stating "Kaden's doesn't look so good...note to self should prob use fabric paint when 2 adults are home"

This all in preparation of course for July 4th.

Activities like this are just another one of the million reasons I love Ingrid and am blessed to have such an amazing woman in my life assisting in raising the kids. 

And that my friends is what consists during daddies days. Off to work I go, jealously dreaming of being at home with the ones I love, Ingrid, Rylan, Lilly and Kaden. Sweet dreams to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment