Friday, June 14, 2013

My first blog

So today I've decided to start a blog. A little bit about me first. I have a full time job that can sometimes be mentally stressful. I have 3 children, Rylan age 5, Lilly age 4 & Kaden is 15 weeks. Rylan & Lilly are able to spend half their time with their mother and the other half with me. I live with my girlfriend Ingrid (who is everything one could ever ask in a woman and truly the love of my life ) and out son Kaden. She has decided to be a home maker which I think is awesome. This blog is a just a view into a fathers daily life while juggling all the responsibilities of work, family, financials with one income and all the curveballs that come with daily life. 

So my day started at 530a with the alarm  clock waking me up. Off to work I was shortly thereafter.  I've spent this week working out of town and I was extremely thrilled to get home Thursday night and be back at the office Friday morning but I survived. The day at work was difficult due to several issues. The whole day, my mind was focused on Saturdays birthday party for Lilly. Finally 7pm rolls around and I'm getting excited to see Rylan and Lilly for the first time this week. Before I can pick them up, I had to stop by the store for some grilling supplies in preparation for some Father's Day BBQ. 

Once I got the their mom's, I spent a few minutes talking before it was off to the house. By this time it's 830p. Definitely beer thirty. 

It was fabulous to see Ingrid and Kaden and for the first time this summer it was nice and cool in the house. Ingrid had finally turned on the ac. 

After spending some time playing outside with everyone, I could tell Rylan and Lilly were getting tired. Off to bed it was. That's when the fun started. Although tired and ready for bed, it was time to tackle the bills and enjoy a meal. All while thinking "I have to go to bed so I'm rested for Lilly's party tomorrow"  Finally I'd completed the necessities of my to do list and it was my time to have a drink while enjoying the cool quiet evening on the patio. Which is what I'm in the middle of right now. 

Tonight could bring several more adventures which we'll be covering in tomorrow's run down of daddy's days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment