Saturday, June 15, 2013

Finally Saturday

Today is the day we're celebrating Lilly's birthday. With still a lot to do, I knew it was going to be an early morning. Rylan and Lilly were up around 630 - 700 and that was about the time I decided myself to roll out of bed. Ingrid and Kaden were still resting in bed so in an attempt to keep quiet, we had some juice and pop tarts for breakfast. 

After watching a few episodes of Mickey Mouse clubhouse, I knew I had to get going or I'd never get everything done. 

First things first, prep a couple slabs of ribs for Father's Day tomorrow. 

One slab is sweet and the other is spicy and it really made the house smell good and I was tempted to cook them for the party today :-)  YUMMY

After the ribs it was off to the garage to clean up a little before heading outdoors to mow the yard. Today's mowing was a little extra as I decided to mow my neighbor Bob's yard also as he recovers from a foot injury.  After an hour of mowing, that was complete and it was off to the patio for a short break before heading to the store for a few last minute party items for Ingrid. 

After returning home, time was running short and still I needed a shower, had o wake the kids up and give them a bath also prior to our guest arriving. And don't forget the to fill up all the water balloons. 

My shower turned into a quick wash down. The kids bath turned into a sponge bath. All while entertaining the kids so Ingrid could decorate the cake. 

It turned out awesome. She's so wonderful and talented. I'm blessed to have such an amazing woman in my life. 

While she's taking a shower I'm trying to relax for just a few minutes before the chaos begins  


No comments:

Post a Comment